That Monday Grandma Joan was nice enough to watch the main man, while Jeff and I explored NYC. We went to Grand Central Station, NYC Public Library, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and the MOMA (which we both enjoyed immensely). We also dined at Carnegie Deli with Patrick (and downed some ENORMOUS sandwiches!). Later that evening, Jennifer's family arrived.
On Tuesday, the entire Daems/Johnson clan went on a Circle Line boat cruise around Manhattan. We had a great time seeing NYC sights, especially coming up close to the Statue of Liberty. After the tour we walked through Times Square, an experience to be sure. The irony of it all is that Nicholas slept soundly as we walked through one of the noisiest places on Earth, whereas he sometimes has trouble sleeping in the quiet of his own room!
Later that evening Nicholas got to meet two of Daddy's good friends, Chris and Yoav. Chris is Jeff's good friend from high school and Yoav is Jeff's college roommate from UCSD. Both were in our wedding. Yoav has threatened to disown Nicholas (who he claims is 6% his, by virtue of the fact that Yoav had a hand in introducing Jeff and I) if I don't post a picture of them. Yoav has an interesting blog himself, all about his experiences in Israel. I have a link to his blog at the bottom of the page.
1 comment:
I did not threaten to disown your child. I merely stated that I think it would be only fair to at least put up a photo of the two of us. It was an immediate decision to put up a photo on my blog, so I'm slightly offended that I had to beg and plead to have a photo on your blog.
Post a Comment