Waaaaaay back in March we did a family movie night with Nicholas (you can view that blog entry here). Almost the whole family was there...Lexi was put to bed early since she was much younger. I decided we had gone far too long without family movie night and deemed Saturday night the next showing.
I decided to make it a dinner and movie affair this time and include Lexi, who now goes to bed at the same time as Nicholas. We started our evening by making homemade pizzas...and by homemade I mean that Boboli did the hard work for us. :) The kids each made pepperoni...their favorite! We then moved the couch and coffee table out the of way and threw some blankets on the floor. Nicholas chose the Pixar movie Ratatouille as our cinematic feature of the evening. The kids had so much fun eating on the floor with Mom and Dad. After the pizza I brought out their folding beach chairs and made them each a small bowl of movie theater treats...gummy bears and a piece of licorice.
They were so happy the whole time...it just shows me how important it is for adults to unplug from the worries of adulthood and really spend quality time with the kids. Everyone gets so much out of the experience. I hope this is one of those memories they will take with them when they're older...like, "I remember my mom and dad used to let us eat dinner on the floor and watch movies together...it was so fun!" Or some other quality time memory will work too. :)
Here are some not-so-great quality iPhone shots:
VIDEO: Nicholas makes his pizza
2 comments:
I love how you and Jeff are making memories with the kids. They will appreciate! Mom
Awww...how cute! I'm jealous!!
Post a Comment