Friday, September 9, 2011

Pre-K Begins

Nicholas had his pre-K orientation today at Happy Hearts. What a difference between last year and this year. Last year he was a curious, but tentative 3 1/2 year old, holding onto Mom and Dad's hands while entering the building. This year he stormed on in like an old pro. We brought his buddy, Mason, with us to orientation, as Mason's mom, Kacy, is now one of the teachers and needed to be there a bit earlier than the rest of us. On the drive down to school I heard Nicholas say to Mason, "Can you believe we are in Pre-K Mason?" To which Mason replied, "I can't!" It was too cute.

There were a lot of familiar faces from last year and, unfortunately, quite a few kids who moved to different preschools as well (including several of the little boys that Nicholas really liked spending time with last year). I signed up to be room mom again...what can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment! (Although I do enjoy doing it!)


I'm looking forward to seeing Nicholas develop and grow this year...his last before Kindergarten!


The boys actually let me get a shot of them before we went in! Shocking, I know!


Such a big boy!


Mason took this shot of us


They had a book sale and Clifford the Big Red Dog showed up!

No comments: