Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Daredevil Daems

I suppose it shouldn't be that surprising that Lexi has a bit of a daredevil streak...those of you who know Nicholas well know that he's got a bit of a fearless streak too. Lexi seems to be at that perfect age...old enough to know she wants to have fun but not old enough to know that something might be scary. This extends to many areas, such as playgrounds, pools, and amusements parks...basically any place a thrill seeker might find their way into some exciting situations.

From the time that she was born I had thought, probably unfairly, because she is a girl, that Lexi might not be as bold and daring as her brother. From my experiences with Nicholas' peers, it has seemed like most of the girls are a bit more cautious then our young man. So, I naturally assumed Lexi would be the same way. But, maybe it is because of Nicholas that Lexi throws so much caution to the wind...she just wants to be like her older brother. I have to admit, I secretly love the fact that I don't have a wall flower for a daughter. I like her bad ass streak! (But, for the record, remind me I said that when she's 15 and raising all kinds of hell!)

Her are some shots and a video of Lexi's thrill seeking shenanigans from this past weekend at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.


The Freefall ride...Lexi barely made the 36 inch height requirement.


On the Freefall Ride with Nicholas and Daddy. For the record, Nicholas DID NOT like this ride. As he gets older, he gets a bit more cautious then he used to be.



Lexi went on the ride again while her older brother and cousins went on a ride she wasn't tall enough to ride. She was so pissed she couldn't go on the ride with the big kids, so we did Freefall again. I went this time. I was surprised at how high the ride really went and how quickly the drops came.



This picture pretty much sums up how Lexi felt about the ride. She was making full on gut busting chuckles. The boy on the other side of me was in tears.

Lexi also went on her first roller coaster with Daddy. You can see from her face that she loved it as well.


Hard to tell from this shot, but she also loved the log ride.


VIDEO: On the Freefall

No comments: