Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Recovery

After the c-section, I spent 3 nights at the hospital. The pain was manageable this time. I didn't get to get out of bed until 24 hours after the surgery, and then it was short trips from the bed to the bathroom. Nicholas came to visit the following afternoon. He was sort of interested in Lexi, but was more excited to see Mommy. I was excited to see him too! :-) Jeff didn't stay overnight this time, as we felt it was more important for him to be home with Nicholas. With nurses at every corner, I was well taken care of, even without a roommate. By Thursday morning, I was more mobile and ready to be at my own house.

Skin to skin contact

Nicholas was very concerned about the IV in my arm. He kept saying, "Mommy owww!"

Family picture with my parents


Me and my two kids



VIDEO: Nicholas opens a present for Lexi

1 comment:

Laura Stambaugh said...

You are beautiful! Congratulations on your little girl!