Monday, April 6, 2009

Preterm Labor

Last night saw a little activity for us. I started to feel funny around 6PM...a bit of pressure in my upper stomach and queasy. I started noticing my stomach hardening as well...I wasn't sure if these were contractions or not, since I never had a single contraction with Nicholas. I decided to call my doctor after this had gone on for about 30 minutes. She wanted me to go to the hospital for monitoring. Jeff and I were in labor and delivery for about 4 hours. They determined that I was in preterm labor, at 36 weeks. I was given a shot to stop the contractions, as well as hooked up to an IV for fluids. They also did a lab blood panel, as my blood pressure was slightly elevated and the dipstick detected a trace amount of protein in my urine. Thankfully, the lab panel came back clean. So, we're still in the waiting game.

On another note, the c-section has been pushed back another day...April 20th will be the date now, if Lexi stays in that long.

No comments: