We found out a few days before Christmas...December 21st to be exact. It was the best present I've ever received around the holidays, and just in time for Chanukah!
I went in for my first appointment around 7 weeks. I was extremely nervous, considering the miscarriage in May last year. I told Jeff I couldn't look at the ultrasound screen and that he'd have to tell me when I could turn my head, but before he could the doctor said, "There's the little peanut!"
So, our due date is August 31st...although there is not a chance that the baby will stay in that long. Nicholas and Lexi were both 3 weeks early, and given the fact that I am a diabetic and that I've had pre-eclampsia twice now, the baby will most definitely come before then. Realistically, we're looking at mid-August.
Our next appointment was last Friday, or 10 weeks along. I was nervous again, although the fact that I have had full fledged morning sickness and awful exhaustion should have put me at ease. For some reason, I kept feeling like there might be bad news...having the miscarriage has made me a bit paranoid. But, the ultrasound showed a perfect fetus with a heartbeat. We could even see the baby move his/her arms around its head. It was a great feeling! I feel confident now that the risk of miscarriage is very low at this point, hence the reason the blog is now learning about the news. Here's the latest ultrasound picture:
The blog has been void of news for much of January, mostly because I've felt so horrible that the kids and I haven't been doing much or going many places. As of this weekend I'm starting to feel like I'm getting a bit more energy back and the nausea has been kept at bay by the medication the doctor prescribed me. Hopefully I'll have more updates for you all very soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment