I have definitely been slacking in the blogging department in 2012. Alas, we still haven't been doing too much, hence no pictures, hence no blogging. But, I keep reminding myself that lack of pictures shouldn't be a reason to put off the blog. So, here's some random stuff from early February.
Baby #3
I am now 12 weeks into my pregnancy. Thankfully, the nausea and utter exhaustion that consumed most of January seem to fading. This past week I've felt more like myself and even got up this morning without taking any anti-nausea meds (and didn't have any problems). According to Babycenter the baby is now about the size of a lime (Nicholas loves to hear what size the baby is each week) and has discovered its reflexes. I'm definitely showing...I'm amazed at how much quicker that happened this time as compared to even my pregnancy with Lexi. Must be my already weakened stomach muscles and keen uterus memory....thanks Nicholas and Lexi! :) Hoping to get a belly shot this weekend for the baby book.
Doctor's appointments are already in full swing. I have had a doctor's appointment weekly since early February and am booked weekly through mid March. Between the regular OB, perinatologists, and Diabetes Center nurses and dietitians, my weeks are booking up quickly. For those of you that don't remember, I am considered a high risk pregnancy, due to my Type 1 diabetes, so I see doctors and nurses much more regularly than a non-high risk pregnancy. Luckily my parents and my dear friend Kacy have been awesome about helping out with the older two, who most definitely would make these many appointments more arduous.
Nicholas
Nicholas is amazing me lately. I don't know if it is that he's five or he's just started rapidly maturing but you can almost see the neurons firing away with that kid. He is just starting to "get" everything (for lack of a better word). The most notable growth I have seen with him on the academic side is his recognition of letter sounds. I'll admit, I do not work a ton with Nicholas outside of school right now. Every week at Happy Hearts they learn a new letter and that's about the extent of his learning at this point. But, even with that minimal knowledge, he seems to be a sponge and is just soaking it up. His favorite "game" to play while we are driving right now is this:
Me: What sound does the letter P make?
Nicholas: p-p-p
Me: Can you think of a word that starts with the sound p-p-p?
Nicholas: (after a several second pause) Pizza!
Me: So, pizza starts with the letter....
Nicholas: P!
And repeat with other letter. I've also had him start pointing out letters on signs while we're at stop lights, etc and he loves it. I watch him in the rear view mirror while we do all of this and he beams when he gets it right. Nicholas is definitely a typical perfectionist oldest child....he loves being praised for his accomplishments and gets frustrated if he can't do something the correct way (sound like someone else you might know?).
Outside of school he is continuing with his gymnastics and was very proud that he almost did a handstand on Friday....without being against a wall. I watched him and it was pretty good. He also likes to show you how he can do a forward roll and get up without using his hands, as well as a backward roll. Nicholas will also be starting tee ball very soon and is getting super excited. Jeff bought him a tee the other day and my dad took him to get a bigger glove. We've been practicing in the backyard and I will say his swing is very good. His throwing and catching....well, that's what practice is for! Lastly, I registered Nicholas for kindergarten earlier this week...sniff, sniff!
Lexi
Ah, my little princess. This girl cracks me up. She is definitely going to be our performer. She loves having all eyes on her and takes center stage. She is rapidly approaching three and I still find it hard to believe that she's getting that old. Her newest venture is dancing and singing. Doesn't matter where she is or who is around, if she's in the mood you will be serenaded and performed for. She will even try to teach you her own special choreographed dance moves and insist that you join in. I think the time has come to sign her up for dance class!
Lexi is also enjoying gymnastics and definitely does not need me anymore during the Mommy and Me class. She has the stretching routine memorized and likes to show us her stretches after dinner each night. She loves running down the tumble track and throwing herself into the foam pit, all while shouting "cannon ball!" This child has no fear!
Lexi also has a developed sense of humor. It's hard to explain but she knows how to deliver a word or phrase with a certain tone of voice or facial expression specifically designed to make adults laugh. She's a bit precocious and she definitely knows what she's doing. It's cute now...hopefully it's still cute in a few years!
Hopefully my next blog post will be a accompanied by some photographs as well! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment