Monday, November 28, 2011

Pinterest

I stumbled upon the website Pinterest a while back. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's an online bulletin board of sorts. You can find ideas from home decor to holiday crafts to recipes from online, and then you "pin" them to your board. I've found a ton of cute ideas and was determined to actually use some of them. So, one Saturday afternoon, during nap time, I decided to make my Thanksgiving banner. Here's the final product below:

I purchased most of my supplies at Michaels: wooden letters, spray adhesive, gold glitter, scrapbook paper and card stock, orange ribbon...and of course, hot glue! The fake leaves I had purchased off of Amazon. It looks similar to the one I found on Pinterest, but it's not identical, which I kind of like. It definitely jazzed up the mantle a bit and it was fun. Hopefully the glitter will stay on in storage and it will be ready to go next year.

I like to give credit where credit is due. Here's a link to the original idea I found at Centsational Girl.

No comments: