Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bookworm

I think I can say that one thing Jeff and I have done right is instilling the value of reading. Our kids love to read...or pre-read as us teachers might call it. Nicholas isn't quite reading yet, but it is not far off. However, his love of books is quite apparent...try telling him he doesn't get a story before bedtime and he'll pretty much freak out on you.

Lexi has now gotten to the point where she loves to take her books out, flip through them, and narrate what she sees in the pictures. It helps to have a print rich environment (again, fancy teacher talk for having many opportunities for our kids to see words). Our house is overflowing with children's books. They really are the one child item that does not bother me if we have it in excess. If they'll keep reading them, I'll keep buying them. And we do, of course, love our library runs as well.

Here's a typical morning reading session with Lexi.


Saddled up with a good book in her rocking chair...not knowing Mom was hovering with a camera! :)


She saw me and now wants to show me what she's reading



Lexi loves Eric Carle books...this one is about colors

Cute little reader

No comments: