I found Disney princess patterns at Target and, of course, had to get them for my little princess. My enthusiasm did not match up with the skill level for the kids. The patterns were HARD. But, who was Daddy to say no when little Lexi said, "Ariel, please Daddy?" He did his best...it was a hard pattern, even for an adult.
Since Ariel was ridiculously hard, Lexi participated in the sport of lollipop eating and was very content.
I haven't figured out how to take good lit pumpkin pictures, but I'm sure you can make out that Nicholas' pumpkin was R2-D2 from Star Wars. I did most of the carving but he punched almost the entire pattern out himself.
Nicholas had school on actual Halloween and, as I am room mom, I was there coordinating his Halloween party. I was in charge of the craft table. We made super cute Halloween picture frame magnets. They turned out very well and were perfect for all the 4 year olds.
My little Darth Vader is turning into a great helper. I watched from afar as he started helping the teacher stack the chairs without being asked.
At the end of the day the kids did a small parade and then stopped to sing the song, "5 Little Pumpkins"
Lexi came to visit at the end and here she is with Mason and Kacy
That evening we had three families over, as well as my parents, for some pre-trick or treating dinner. The adults had chili and cornbread, while the kids feasted on mummy hot dogs. We strolled around our neighborhood and came across a cul-de-sac that went all out with decor. We even went by the firehouse, where the firemen were happy to come out and say hi. The kids thought that was pretty cool. The kids scored a bunch of goodies and were beat by the end of the night. A successful Halloween indeed!
Nicholas, Mason, and Merrick
No comments:
Post a Comment