Sunday, July 24, 2011

Monkey Man

While we were on our trip to Tahoe Nicholas developed a new skill...he learned how to cross the monkey bars all by himself, one hand on each rung! All summer long he's been asking me to help him cross the monkey bars at any park we go to, maybe getting one rung in by himself before panicking and dropping.

While visiting a playground in Truckee though I was helping Lexi navigate a climbing structure when all of a sudden I turn around and see Nicholas almost completely across the monkey bars...totally on his own!

This might not seem like a big deal, but I think it's pretty darn impressive. Here's my mommy bragging moment....Nicholas has always been pretty proficient when it comes to gross motor skills involving strength (which is why I think he loves being in gymnastics class so much) but this was taking it to another level. It just seemed like such a big kid type thing for him to do.

Anyway, enough annoying fawning over my son! ;-) Here's a video I took at a different park after he'd made a few successful trips in the previous days.



1 comment:

Aver said...

That is awesome! Lets meet at the park and Nicholas can help Ava learn.