Sunday, July 24, 2011

Tahoe Trip

We just arrived home for our week long trip to the Tahoe area with Jeff's family (minus Aunt Sharon). The kids had so much fun spending time with their cousins, Grandma and Grandpa, and their aunt and uncles. The weather in the mountains was very mild, like mid-70's, which actually turned out to be perfect. Of course the water in both Lake Tahoe and Donner Lake was freezing, which was a bit of a bummer, but was to be expected. The kids still had fun trying to withstand the temperature for a few minutes, as well as just playing in the sand. Some of the fun activities we did were playing mini golf, nature walks, exploring Tahoe City and downtown Truckee, visiting the old mining town of Virginia City, NV, and riding bikes along the Truckee River from Squaw to Tahoe City (I think that was my most favorite activity of all!). It was so nice to get away from reality for a week and spend so much time together. A big thank you to Grandma and Grandpa for making our trip possible!

As with all trips I usually have WAY too many photos to post on the blog, so I'll provide you with this link to my photos on Facebook, if you care to view the pictures I took. Click here.

No comments: