So, we did it...we made the big switch. Lexi is now sleeping in a big kid bed. Well, it's actually Nicholas' toddler bed. She spent last Sunday morning with Baba and when she came back, her crib was disassembled and the bed was in its place. I'll admit, I was a little sad to see the crib go. Another reminder that my baby is no longer a baby. :(
As with most things related to having a second child, we didn't actually give much thought as to when or how we were going to move Lexi from her crib to a big kid bed. With Nicholas I remember reading many books about how to best accomplish the task, when it was the right time, and the like. He was moved right after his second birthday, mostly because I was already 6 months pregnant with Lexi at the time, and did wonderfully. I think Nicholas didn't actually realize he could get out of his bed for the first few months! Well, you know Lexi had it all figured out from day one. She's been in the bed since last Sunday, so 6 nights now. She has done everything you might expect a crafty two year old to do when given the freedom that a bed provides. She's played with toys, turned on her lights, and opened the door to come out to the living room. Since our kids are so tall (95th and 99th percentiles), they both have been able to reach the door handles and light switches much earlier than some of their peers...much to my chagrin!
Jeff and I, remembering from our experience with big brother, firmly and without fanfare, move her back into her room, say goodnight, and walk out. She's getting better. In fact, as I type, she has gone to sleep this evening without any curtain calls at all. Hope I didn't jinx us! ;-)
And what about Nicholas, you might be asking, since his toddler bed was moved out of his room? Well, for the past week he's been on an air mattress. But don't feel to bad for N, he's getting his very own bunk beds next Friday...with Batman bedding, no less! I'll post pictures of that when it comes...I'm sure Nicholas will want to show it off.
No comments:
Post a Comment