Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring Party

I have really enjoyed being able to help out with Nicholas' preschool celebrations this year. I love to see him in his environment and to meet all of the other kids that he interacts with as well. I think it also fulfills the "teaching" bug...although make no mistake when I say this....I could NEVER have taught little ones. If you remember, once upon a time I taught 5th graders, so 10 and 11 year olds. As much as I love my little 4 year old and his friends, I think having to teach (er, wrangle) 30 something of them would have driven me INSANE! I have the utmost respect for the wonderful women at Happy Hearts who do so daily....and always with a smile on their faces and a sing-song quality to their voices!

A few days before Easter the kids had their Spring Party. They made paper cup chicks, decorated eggs and pails, had a fun Easter snack, and then participated in an egg hunt. The response from the teachers was overwhelmingly positive...you see, the parents completely plan, organize, and run the parties. It's always fulfilling to see that the teachers appreciate all the work we've put into it...and of course when the kids have fun too that also feels good.

Here a few pictures I snapped when I wasn't running around like a crazy person helping set up the snack station and refereeing during the egg hunt. One more party to go and then school's out for summer!

Nicholas and Mason eating their "birds nests"
(a mix of raisins, pretzel sticks, chex mix, and chocolate chips, with a Peep on top)


Egg hunt (N is under the table)


Playing outside with his buddy, LT


You know this little monkey loves to climb on top of EVERYTHING!


OMG! Look how much taller my boy is then his peers! I think he'll tower over me by 6th grade!

No comments: