I had bought this foam adhesive Easter wreath kit at Michael's a few weeks back, thinking Nicholas and I would put it together one day while Lexi was napping. Well, nap times seemed to come and go and no wreath making had happened. One evening last week Nicholas asked if we could make the wreath after dinner. Since we finished the dinner/bath/teeth routine early it seemed like a good idea. So, after putting Lexi down for the night we pulled out the wreath.
I had originally envisioned Nicholas just making foam eggs by himself, but it kind of turned into family project night. Both Jeff and I sitting with Nicholas, designing eggs to place on our wreath. And you know what, it's amazing how a little quality time with both mom and dad changes a kid's mood. Nicholas had been having kind of a cranky, 4 year old day. But his demeanor did a complete 180 as soon as we began. He happily said, "I love family project night!" I didn't intend for the wreath project to become an official "night" that we regularly do, but after seeing how much fun and calmness the project brought to Nicholas, I think we'll have to do some more of these nights again.
1 comment:
That looks so nice! I love Nichola's response to family project night too...priceless.
Post a Comment