Lexi has been a little slower with her verbal skills than I originally thought she might be. I don't know if it's because she's a girl that I thought she should be more verbal earlier or what. I recently watched a video of Nicholas that I took the day before Lexi was born (he was 27 months old) and quickly realized that Lexi is no further behind than her brother was at her age.
That being said, Lexi's language has picked up a TON over the past few weeks. She's been saying "thank you" quite clearly for a while now. In fact, she says it almost every time you give her something without prompting her to do so. She also has the basics down like mommy, daddy, ball, stop, up, etc. Last week she learned how to say "princess", since she has now discovered the Disney princesses and is in love. "Princess" doesn't always come out clearly but I know what she's saying.
The best word so far (besides mommy and daddy, of course!) is the word she busted out loudly and proudly yesterday...Nicholas! She's been calling him "Nikol" for a while, but yesterday she put together those three syllables to say her brother's full name. As expected Nicholas thinks that's pretty great and is constantly walking around the house saying, "Lexi, what's my name?" And she readily spills out, "Nicholas, Nicholas, Nicholas!" In fact, she sometimes says it when he's not around. I think she's just amazed that she can do it now.
Here's to many new words on Lexi's horizon...and having two talking children!
iPhone footage of Lexi saying "Nicholas"
No comments:
Post a Comment