Friday, March 4, 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away

February brought us a ton of rain. In fact, we had a whole 10 day stretch of icky wet weather. I know, not as rough as the rest of the country but miserable and depressing nonetheless. You know, honestly, I really didn't mind rain when I didn't have kids. Yes, it could be slightly inconvenient, but no big deal. Having kids makes it 1000 times worse. Being cooped up for days on end makes everyone go a little batty. That's when we bring out the big guns...

Playdough is not something I love pulling out. It falls under the category of "big messes that mom has to clean up". But on occasion it comes out. In fact, Lexi had never played with it before. She really enjoyed squishing her hands in the dough and was trying to roll it out herself. Nicholas had the hang of it and he and I made a zoo with all of our animal cutouts. The kids had fun...for 10 minutes. Then it was onto rainy day activity #104. It could be worse though...they could be a classroom of squirrely 10 year olds! :)




No comments: