Friday, March 18, 2011

The Big 3-0

I turned 30 on March 11th. I don't feel any different but apparently it's a big deal to turn 30. So, my family made it a big deal for me. I won't lie...it was nice to feel like I didn't have to be the one responsible for running the family for a few days!

On my actual birthday Jeff took the day off from work to help out with the kids. I got in a nice 6 mile run that morning and lazed about that day. In the evening Mom, Dad, Jeff, and myself went to dinner in St. Helena.

The following morning Jeff and I said goodbye to the kids and headed to Sausalito. We enjoyed amazing massages at Cavallo Point, right underneath the Golden Gate Bridge. Afterward we headed into SF for lunch at the Slanted Door in the Ferry Building. Then it was onto the hotel for a nap (yes, a nap!). The highlight of our day was dinner at Quince. A-MAZING! Highly recommended for any of you Bay folks who are looking for a special occasion restaurant.

On Sunday we leisurely woke up, enjoyed breakfast at the hotel and then went to the Walt Disney Family Museum. As I am a lover of all things Disney, it was awesome to be able to view the museum (in peace!) at my leisure. We headed home in the afternoon to a home cooked dinner by Dad and homemade cake by mom. We opened presents and then called my 30th birthday a wrap!

I was spoiled beyond belief by Jeff, Mom, and Dad! Thanks guys! I guess you only turn 30 once!





No comments: