You might be reading the title and think, "Halloween WEEK?" No, I didn't mistype. Halloween has become a week long event. Not that I'm complaining. I love Halloween. I love getting my house filled with pumpkins, cobwebs, and skeletons. I love getting the kids dressed up. And I love how happy everyone gets to see the kids all dressed up. So, no, I didn't mind Halloween being a week long event this year....although I was pretty exhausted by November 1st!
Our Halloween week actually started 8 days before Halloween with our 2nd annual Boo Bash. We had about 45 friends over for some witches brew, spooky snacks, and fun. Unfortunately, Mother Nature was against us and it rained. Luckily, a post to the Moms Club saved the day, and we were able to borrow a HUGE tent house with screened sides, so we were still able to funnel people outside.
Our weekday events started with trick-or-treating at Coldwell Banker with Lexi's playgroup, the Jujubees, on Monday. The kids are all Lexi's age (but mostly younger), so it was cute to see the newly walking toddlers in their costumes, trying to make it up the street for their one treat. And, of course, N didn't mind getting dressed up for an extra treat either! We had a bit of a lull until Thursday, when the Moms Club had their Halloween party at Children's Wonderland in Vallejo. The kids had a blast running around on the equipment and enjoying a light lunch and cupcakes. I was busy the rest of Thursday prepping for N's preschool Halloween party on Friday. I am one of the room moms for his class, so I was leading the way with all the planning and prepping. My mom watched Lexi Friday morning so I could be at Happy Hearts to do my Halloween thing. The kids had so much fun at their party, and the teachers commented on how well organized and smoothly everything went. I told them I was a teacher in my former life and they gave me a knowing, "Ah-ha!" See, it still comes in handy! :)
On Saturday, we took the kids trick-or-treating on First Street, in the drizzle. We bumped into a lot of our friends and the kids took home a sizable haul of candy. Finally, THE day came on Sunday. We began the morning with pumpkin carving. Nicholas chose to carve a TIE fighter spacecraft from Star Wars, and I carved Foofa, from Yo Gabba Gabba, for Lexi (it is her favorite show after all!) That evening we met up with the Eks and McNapipers at Pizza Pirate for dinner, and then headed over to the Houstons for a group trick-or-treating session. It was so cute to see the big kids trick-or-treating. They are old enough now to go to the door by themselves and use their manners. How did they get so big? And Lexi...well the tornado kept up with those big kids! I don't even know why we brought a stroller. She was running from door to door, happy as a clam. She wasn't going to let anything keep her from getting that candy!
Phew! I'm tired just typing all of that! Our decorations were pulled down November 1st, ready for Thanksgiving to come quicker than we probably know. Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment