Friday, November 12, 2010

Beet Queen

So, I love beets. Always have. Add it to the list of "things Lindsey likes to eat that most people don't". Luckily, both my kids seems to be developing a taste for some of my favorite vegetables (including green beans, brussel sprouts, and asparagus).

I made a beet salad for dinner the other night and placed it on the kitchen table while I went to prepare the rest of the dinner. While I was in the kitchen Nicholas started yelling, "Mom, Lexi's eating!" I turned the counter to find this:


Mind you, Lexi had never climbed up into a kitchen table chair before (she's still using her high chair), so I was shocked that she had gotten up there by herself. I was even more shocked to find her shoveling beets by the spoonful into her tiny mouth. She was a purple mess, but she loved every juicy, delicious bite of those beets. Amen sister!

No comments: