This year we spent Christmas with Jeff's family in New York City. We arrived a few days before Christmas and set out to see the sites right away. Some of the highlights of our trip included: the Natural History Museum, the USS Intrepid, Rockefeller Christmas tree, FAO Schwartz, Central Park zoo, marionette show in Central Park, and NYC Fire Museum. We did one activity most everyday we were there. Nicholas loved getting out and didn't seem to mind the cold much. He discovered how much he likes snow...do I sense a Tahoe trip in our future? Lexi didn't see the snow too much...fortunately, either Grandma or Grandpa were nice enough to stay back with Lexi so we didn't have to drag her around in the cold.
Christmas was a fun day for Nicholas. This is the first year he really understood the concept of Santa and was excited about receiving gifts. He received the xylophone he asked Santa for during his many pre-Christmas visits.
We also spent New Year's Eve in NYC. We did our best to stay awake, but I just couldn't do it. I feel asleep on the couch around 11. Lexi was teething during our trip, so there were several awakenings a night. By the time our trip was over, Lexi's two bottom front teeth had poked through.
We had a fun time in New York and hope to go back again soon!
There are so many photos from the trip that I can't choose just a few to post. Here's a link to the photos I posted on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=363375&id=532525082&l=b3f703df91
No comments:
Post a Comment