Nicholas went to his first dentist appointment on Wednesday. He was nervous about going saying, "The dentist will hurt my teeth!", so I wasn't sure what to expect. After researching many places in the area, I decided on a pediatric dentist across the bridge. Nicholas is the type of kid who can be easily distracted from his fears if there are interesting things to see and do, so I thought a dentist that was solely kid oriented would be the best fit.
Nicholas was VERY shy when we first went it to discuss his dental history. Then it was off to take x-rays. Initially he refused to open his mouth but with a little encouragement they got the x-rays. He did well too with the exam, cleaning, and fluoride treatment. I was very proud of Nicholas, as I have heard many testimonies from people saying that they're 3 year olds weren't able to do all parts of the appointment due to fears or the inability to sit still.
Nicholas' teeth looked great. No cavities and lots of space in between them, which is good for when his adult teeth come in. No flossing yet since he has so much space, but probably will start up by his next appointment. The best part of the whole thing, Nicholas said he loved the dentist and can't wait to go back! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment