Monday, August 10, 2009

Jeff's 30th birthday with the kids

Although Jeff's birthday was on the 8th, we celebrated with Nicholas and Lexi the night before. Nicholas wanted to buy Daddy a cake, but I thought it would be more fun if he made one. So, I took Nicholas to the store Friday morning to pick out the goods. He chose pink cake, pink frosting with sprinkles, pink gel (I switched it for red...pink on pink probably wouldn't show up too well), and squiggle candles. I baked the cake while he napped, but Nicholas helped me frost it, sprinkle it, write a message, and place the candles. He was very excited about the whole thing.


Our cake masterpiece!


After dinner we lit Jeff's candles and sang Happy Birthday. Although Nicholas had been singing Happy Birthday all day long, as soon as it was really time, he developed stage fright, so Mommy mostly sang. He was more than happy though to help blow out candles. Jeff then opened his presents...a framed picture of the whole Daems family from our trip to Massachusetts in 2008 (something he has been wanting to put on our wall), as well as a bottle of beer and "gift certificate" to go to a beer tasting dinner in SF. Jeff seemed quite pleased. It was a nice start to a fun birthday weekend for Daddy.


Showing Daddy his cake and candles

Licking frosting off the end of a candle



Happy to be digging into the cake...finally!



Watching Daddy open presents



Lexi looks dumbfounded about the present opening experience

No comments: