Monday, February 4, 2013

Claire at 5 months

Hello there blog readers!  Bet you thought I'd given up on the blog.  It's been a VERY long time since I blogged.  My last post was around Thanksgiving.  Like all things, there is an ebb and flow.  The holiday months (I include January in there because of Nicholas' birthday) got in the way and blogging took a back seat to being present with my family.  Of course December was filled with many fun days.  We spent Christmas in Los Angeles with Jeff's family, which included a day trip to Legoland.  January took us back into the swing of things with the school routine, but we also took a quick three day weekend up to the snow, where Nicholas learned how to snowboard for his birthday.  I'm not going to play catch up with pictures, but instead start from where we are now.

Claire Bear is now 5 months old (almost 6 months!).  Hard to believe!  She has rolled over from stomach to back and from back to stomach, although being on the floor is her least favorite thing.  She much prefers to be sitting up, although she cannot support herself upright yet.  We still make her be on the floor for a bit each day, but Claire likes being in on the action, what can I say!

She is also definitely teething.  Nicholas calls her a drool monster and her hands are always in her mouth.  The doctor said the teeth are "right there" on the top and bottom, but who knows how long that will take.  

We started Claire on her first food two days ago.  Peaches to be exact.  With her food allergy, which they believe is most likely a milk protein allergy, we have to take a different approach to starting solids than with the other two kids.  We start with yellow fruits, then yellow vegetables, then cereals (with wheat cereal being last), and finally green vegetables.  At 10 months we will try yogurt and see how she tolerates it.  If that goes well, the doctor said she will more than likely be able to tolerate milk by a year.  Most babies outgrow milk protein allergies, but only time will tell.

Claire is such a smiley baby

Hmmm...I'm not so sure about this Mom

A coy grin for Daddy



Ughh!  Seriously?

1 comment:

Aver said...

I am so happy to see your post! I was hoping you had not given up on the blog. Claire is so cute! xoxo