Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Trip to Los Angeles

Jeff has wanted to go to a Dodgers game in Los Angeles since we moved to Nor Cal about 8 years ago.  We kept talking about how we would make a trip down south in the summer, but it never seemed to happen.  So a few months ago I suggested to Jeff that he take Nicholas down to LA to visit Jeff's family this summer.  I figured it would be a perfect boys' trip and give Jeff that opportunity to take his son to a Dodger's game.  The plan was for Nicholas and Jeff to fly down for a three day weekend.

However, when Lexi found out, she was insistent that she should go too!  We sometimes forget that Lexi is getting older...in my eyes she's still a little toddler.  After discussing whether or not it was too much for Jeff, we decided he would take both kids, but drive rather than fly.

So, after saying goodbye to mom on Friday morning, Jeff and the kids headed to LA.  In addition to going to the Dodgers game Jeff had been wanting to do for so many years, Jeff said the kids had a blast playing in Grandma and Grandpa's pool, as well as playing with their cousins Hailey and Matthew.  As an added bonus, Jeff's aunt and uncle flew in from Belgium while they were down south, so Jeff got to see his relatives that we hadn't seen since our wedding...and they were able to meet our kids.

As for me, I was unable to make the drive down south.  Being that I am in my third trimester, I am not allowed to travel.  I spent the 5 days getting the baby's room put together, washing baby clothes, working on some scrap booking projects, seeing a movie, running some errands, and doing a lot of resting!  It was a rare treat for me.  By Tuesday, I was ready to see my babies though.

All in all, everyone had a great time!  We look forward to seeing the Daems family again very soon.

Playing basketball in the front courtyard

Grandma and Grandpa make french fries for mussels

Cheers!

Lexi and Hailey enjoying the french fries

Dress up in the playroom

Nicholas plays with some of Daddy and Uncle Mike's old toys

Thumbs up for swimming

I'm ready to get in the pool!

Matthew soaks up the rays

She loves those pink goggles

The girls dry off

Jeff said Lexi was quite the dynamo with swimming

Hanging by the fire pit before bed

Matthew

Lexi

Hailey

No comments: