At my 32 week ultrasound last week they estimated she weighed 5 lbs. 6 oz. already...or in the 90th percentile. They had my measurements between 35-36 weeks and the perinatologist predicts she will weigh at least as much as Nicholas (8 lbs. 11 oz.) and Lexi (8 lbs. 9 oz.). So, given the older two were born at 37 weeks weighing that much, I can only imagine what a 39 weeker would weigh. What can I say...Jeff and I make big babies!
I'm definitely done. Back aches have set in, nausea is coming back, and it's harder to tend to the kids like normal. Throw in the fact that my OB wants me to put my feet up for 3-4 hours a day...which is hard to do with a very active 3 and 5 year old on summer break. Luckily my parents and good friends have been so generous with helping out by keeping Nicholas and Lexi busy for a few hours each day during the week. I'm very lucky to have such a great support system surrounding me.
I've started up with the "fun" part of being high risk as well. I've had one doctor's appointment a week consistently throughout the pregnancy, but now we've bumped up to 3-4 appointments a week. Between non-stress tests, ultrasounds, regular OB, and diabetes related appointments, going to the doctor is a full time job for me right now. The van is starting to see some major action as I jaunt across the bridge several times a week!
All this being said, I am grateful that I have been able to carry any babies at all, let alone 3. At the beginning of my pregnancy the OBs said that a generation ago it would have been almost impossible for a Type 1 diabetic to successfully carry 3 babies...they would have said be lucky with one and that's it. So, I do feel very fortunate that I have such good medical care at my fingertips, as well as the advances in medical technology.
In other baby related happenings, we are almost done with the nursery. I'll post pictures when it's finished. My friends painted the nursery, the crib and other furniture are in, and all of Lexi's old baby clothes have been washed and put in drawers. All that's left to do are some wall decorating things.
We also attended a sibling class put on by the hospital this past weekend. Lexi and Nicholas were able to practice changing a babies diaper, putting on and buttoning up a onesie, as well as holding a baby properly. They sang songs and received special t-shirts at the end. They both were very shy about the whole process, especially Nicholas. He wasn't very interested in any of it, to tell the truth.
Nicholas has definitely been having a harder time adjusting to the upcoming arrival. He's communicated that he's worried that I'm going to die or that the baby is going to hurt me. I've been to labor and delivery twice already for problems related to my breathing, both times rather hastily. He's not thrilled about me going to the hospital and doesn't like the fact that I have to pawn him off on others so I can rest for a huge chunk of our day. Throw in the fact that the baby is set to be delivered the day after kindergarten starts and the little guy is going through a lot of anxiety. Nicholas is not the most adaptable kid...he doesn't react well to new experiences, so I'm sure that all of this is hard on him. I've been trying to spend a bit of one-on-one time with him each day (reading books, playing a board game or whatever it is that he wants to do) and that seems to be helping. Only time will tell how he reacts to having his new sister in the house.
As for Lexi, she's still fairly oblivious to how her world is about to change. She still loves kissing my stomach every day and says, "Aw, cute!" to anything related to the baby. If Lexi is going to have any problems adjusting, we'll see it after the baby arrives.
Okay, that was a long update! Wish me a comfortable next 5 weeks. :)
![]() |
| 33 weeks. She is head down with her butt under my right ribs and her feet under my left ribs. |
![]() |
| Funny shot...they captured a picture mid-yawn! |


1 comment:
I am wishing you a very nice 5 weeks. I wish we could come over to play and help with the kids. I can't wait to see the nursery and more importantly the baby! We miss you guys! xoxo
Post a Comment