Tuesday, June 12, 2012

End of Tee Ball

Nicholas had his last tee ball game on Saturday and, immediately following, an end of season party at a local park.  The boys were all presented with a "most improved" award.  Nicholas received the award for most improved level swing.  One of the moms also made baseball cards of each boy from photos she had taken throughout the season and gave each player a team pack.  It was a really cute idea.

Overall, I would say Nicholas' first season of baseball was so-so.  He started out very apprehensive and did make a bunch of improvements.  I think he needs to mature a bit more in order to be successful at tee ball, as his patience, focus, and stage fright seemed to be his downfall this year.  There were a few games where he really seemed to be enjoying himself, but overall, it was a lot of pulling teeth to get him out on to the field for each practice and game.

I told Jeff that I'm not going to force baseball next year if Nicholas doesn't want to play, but when I asked him if he wanted to do it again next year, he enthusiastically said, "Yes!"  So, we'll see what happens come December for sign-ups.

All of this being said, I am proud of him for sticking it out and trying his best.  He did make many improvements and, if he really wants to next year, I'm sure he'll be even more successful! :)

Getting ready to get his certificate
Most Improved Level Swing
Quick..run back as fast as you can!
Add caption
Add caption
Tried to get a picture with the boys...didn't happen

No comments: