In addition to potty training this weekend, Lexi also figured out how to pedal on a big girl bike. This is fabulous! You see, I usually avoid riding bikes with the kids because, up until yesterday, Lexi couldn't move a bike and it was really frustrating for her. And yes, before you lecture me, I know that she has to practice to get better, but after being with the kids for 10+ hours sometimes hearing the whining is too much to bear!
Anyway, she wanted to pull out her princess bike that cousin Hailey had handed down to her a while ago. She's been on the bike before but usually we have to push her around. But yesterday, she actually made it move on her own. Oh, and she didn't fight us on wearing her helmet, which was another reason she hadn't had a lot of practice...I absolutely refused to let her out without her helmet...not a habit I wanted her to get into.
So, off she went, with me happily filming her...until this happened (watch the whole thing)...
Before you think I'm a bad mom for filming, don't worry...Jeff was there to scoop her up right away and she was fine after crying for about 10 seconds. And, because I love to be right, I'm stating for the record that I'm glad I didn't let her get away with not wearing her helmet. I don't know if you can tell in the video, but the helmet made quite a good cracking sound when her head hit the ground. I suppose that's part of learning though. After her tears were wiped away she was back on the bike again. She really is a big girl!
1 comment:
Yay! Lets get together and ride bikes!!! Lexi is on a roll!
Post a Comment