Monday, July 12, 2010

Fourth of July Weekend

I say Fourth of July weekend because in Benicia, Independence Day really starts on the 3rd of July. Benicia holds its annual torchlight parade that evening and I have been almost every year since I moved to Benicia when I was 5 (save a few years in college). This year, since I am on the board of the Benicia Moms Club, we marched in the parade. Jeff and I raced home from our anniversary trip to Las Vegas, threw on our red, white, and blue, and headed down to the water front. The following day, we enjoyed the 4th of July picnic in the park downtown and the headed over to our friends, the McNapipers, for a BBQ. Nicholas and I then joined my dad for fireworks viewing. It was a fab fourth! :)


Lexi and Teagan get ready to roll


My mom made Lexi this outfit for the Fourth


Nicholas and Aislyn stretch their legs before the parade


The Moms Club is ready to go!


Jeff was a great sport and pulled the kids all the way up First Street


Riding in style!

No comments: