Today was the day I started all of my weekly tests. I will now go to the perinatologists twice a week for non-stress tests and ultrasounds. Today's first NST went well. They had a hard time detecting Lexi at first, but then our girl decided to cooperate. I was strapped in for a little over 20 minutes. Lexi looked good. I actually had a contraction, which was neat to see on the printout. I never had a contraction with Nicholas, so I didn't know if the pains I've been having were really contractions or not...it's nice to know what that feeling actually is.
Then the ultrasound for growth. At 28 weeks (1 month ago), Lexi weighed in at 3 lbs. even. Today...she was a whopping 5 lbs. 7 oz.! She gained almost 2.5 lbs in 4 weeks. The perinatologist said that he is guessing she's going to be AT LEAST as big as Nicholas was (8lbs. 11 oz). Assuming all goes as planned, she'll be inside for 1 week longer than Nicholas was, so maybe she'll be even bigger. Because she's so big already, they had me actually measuring between 34-35 weeks...almost 2 1/2 weeks further along than I really am. This doesn't change the due date though. I guess I literally am all baby at this point! They were also able to tell on the US that she has hair...who knew they could detect that? Lexi has also flipped from one month ago. Her head is down on my right side and her feet are literally underneath my ribcage...the technician could barely get a shot of them because they were tucked so far up. No wonder I've been having sharp pains there! We're all scheduled for the amnio on April 16th to check and see if Lexi's lungs are mature. Jeff and I will go in at 7:45 that morning and know whether or not she's going to come the following day. It will be interesting to see how big she really grows in the next 5 1/2 weeks.



No comments:
Post a Comment