Mickey
Mickey continued to make appearances at Casa Daems for the entire month of December. I did not, however, keep up with my hope of documenting his moves. Here are a few I did capture with the camera:
The kids were on a big waffle kick in December so Mickey was in the fridge on the maple syrup bottle. The note says, "I want a baby waffle! Love Mickey". Lexi calls them "baby waffles".
Mickey showed up on Nicholas' advent calendar and was playing with some of his minifigures.
Mickey made a snow angel by getting into our flour.
Hanukkah
Hanukkah fell pretty close to Christmas this year, so the Herman clan decided to celebrate together the week before Hanukkah. We gathered at Aunt Jen and Uncle Mike's house in Roseville to enjoy brisket, latkes, and family time. Nicholas and Lexi opened a few presents and had a blast playing with their older cousins.
The cheese face
Lexi opened a Belle doll...she loved it!
She also received Belle shoes with the doll. She HAD to try them on immediately.
Dad and Nicholas
Lexi had to help everyone open their presents
Cookie Baking
The kids and I (well, mostly me) made roll out sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies the following day. It took a good chunk of the day and was quite the mess. But, the end result is always so yummy!
Making her gingerbread man
Really get in there Nicholas!
Getting ready to put them in the oven...with a little help from Dad.
Giving Up Naps
The day I was dreading has finally come. Lexi is giving up her naps. She's not entirely ready to, but she's certainly old enough to fight me tooth and nail about it. So, in an effort to appease Lexi and still get her some down time, nap time has now been deemed "quiet time". Lexi has to stay in her room for an hour, but she can play with quiet toys. I figured, some days she'll fall asleep, some days she won't...but at least she's getting some down time....and I'm getting some down time. When Nicholas stopped napping he was really good about sitting still on the couch with me to read a book or watch a show. Not so much with Lexi...she really doesn't know how to sit still. So quiet time is a happy medium for all of us.
A quiet time turned into nap time the other day. You can see the play carnage...complete with a Belle sleeping outfit.
Preschool Christmas Party
The day before we left for LA was Nicholas' preschool Christmas party. I was in charge of the craft station for this party and we made beaded Christmas ornaments. The kids were so cute and did a great job at making candy canes and wreaths. After the party, the kids went outside to play and then Santa came to give each kid a small present.
The party was a pajama party...Nicholas doesn't normally dress like this for school. He does, however, make silly faces like this on a normal basis! :)
Nicholas with (l-r) Sienna, Cate Elizabeth, and Mason
Nicholas in a nutshell at school. The kids play some sort of chase game when they're outside. You're either on Nicholas' team or the girls' team, as I'm told.
Lexi came with Nana to the very end of the party...just in time for Santa.
No comments:
Post a Comment