Nicholas started out this past year as a tentative three and a half year old and ended the year as a confident and charming 4 year old. His teachers even mentioned to me that he had become quite the leader amongst his peers...as well as a bit of a ham (shocking, right?). This year was really about social development for Nicholas. Learning how to be away from Mom, learning how to sit still and listen to a teacher, and how to play appropriately with his peers. The more academic heavy curriculum comes about next year in Pre-K, so for this year, I am pleased with the growth I have seen in Nicholas.
The culmination of the year was a promotion ceremony. The kids started by singing "This Little Light of Mine" for the parents. I SOOOOOOO wanted you to see the video I took, but alas, Blogger is against me and I can't post the file. Needless to say N was hysterical! He hammed it up and in the last 10 seconds of the video he is full on picking his nose...like hardcore picking his nose. I'm laughing so hard that the camera is shaking! That's my boy! Afterwards each child was presented with a certificate and the audience was told three facts about the child. Here are Nicholas' facts:
1) Nicholas' favorite foods are chicken nuggets and taquitos (ed. note: I DO feed my kids healthy food, on occasion...snicker, snicker!)
2) Nicholas' favorite place to go is to his cousins' house (awwww!)
3) When Nicholas grows up he wants to be a superhero...specifically Batman (Nicholas later told me he had to go to college to learn how to be Batman).
During the ceremony myself and the other room moms were presented with some gifts and recognition for our support of the school and we were happy to present the 5 wonderful teachers with homemade scrapbooks and spa gift cards.
After the ceremony the kids enjoyed an ice cream social with their families and friends. Nicholas was lucky enough to have Daddy, Nana, and Baba at his ceremony, along with myself and Lexi. When all of the ice cream was slurped up Nicholas said goodbye to his teachers and went to Pizza Pirate for a special last day of school lunch with Mason.
No comments:
Post a Comment