I would say one of the best thing about being a stay-at-home mom is having the ability to do midweek "field trips". Not only does it give you something to do during those oh so long days, but you also tend to a) save money and b) beat the weekend crowds. The amount of gems I have found in the Bay Area over the past year are numerous, and I have a full arsenal of places I can take my kids when the need arises.
Now that the holidays are behind us, we're settling back into a bit of a routine, with Daddy being gone at work all day, and the three of us back to spending our weekdays as just the three of us. We are taking the opportunity to meet up with our friends, I'm starting back to my running routine, and the kids are having the chance to enjoy their new Christmas toys.
Today we met up with the Frigards (Mama Kendra, Ava, and Aneka...along with Frigard lady number 3 in Kendra's tummy!) Kendra suggested the Oakland Zoo, which was great, since we hadn't been there since last spring. It has been C-O-L-D in the bay this week. But the coldness is made up for by the crystal clear blue skies....hey, if it's going to be cold, you can't ask for more than a sunny cold! So, as if we were in a much more typical grisly winter weather city, we bundled up with jackets, hats, and mittens for our expedition to the zoo (I'm sure it was only mid-40's out when we first got there, but hey, that's cold for the Bay!). Nicholas enjoyed running around with Ava and looking at the animals. Lexi had fun too, but was not enthused about being confined to the stroller for certain parts of the trip. We always have a great time with the Frigards...Ava and Nicholas are a perfect match when it comes to playing together, and Lexi and Aneka are old enough now to join in on the fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment