Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blog Schmog

So after FINALLY logging onto my blog, I realized my last post was done on September 1st. Today is September 30th, so yes, I've let an entire month go by (again) between posts! I've realized that blogging, for me, is similar to scrap booking and stocking making. I enjoy the end result, but find the process agonizingly slow. The busy bee in me sometimes finds it hard to sit still long enough for my photos to load and to put together a coherent thought. But, hey, I'm probably the only one reading this, so that's okay, right? Like my own computer based scrapbook.

September has literally flown by. I used to always think it was annoying how adults would say that "time flies by", but now that I'm an adult, I realize that they were right. I guess being busier does that. As much as I enjoy staying home with my kids, there is a part of me that finds it very monotonous and boring. No offense N and L...Mommy loves you but, again, the busy bee in me finds it hard to play train tracks (again!) or watch Yo Gabba Gabba (again!). I know, cry me a river, right? Life is good and I'm not complaining, but the busier days of fall make me feel more "normal" (whatever that is).

Nicholas started school mid-September and it's been great for all of us! He is really enjoying himself at Happy Hearts. He comes home everyday eager to tell me what project he worked on. He is making new friends and enjoying playing with his old friends too. I'm most thankful that he's making more male friends, as our active little boy needs some peers that can keep up with him. Preschool has been good for Lexi too. She is really eating up being an "only child" for a few hours a week. She is free to play or interact with Mommy without the threat of Godzilla swooping in (again, no offense N, but you know it's true!). And preschool has been good for me. It's allowing me to appreciate the time I have with N when he's home and appreciate spending time with my little girl too. She's becoming such the little person now that I'm glad I can soak it all in the same way I was able to with N.

In addition to the new preschool routine, we've also had a few busy weekends in September. I posted a few pics below. I'd like to say I'll be better about posting in October, but that's a promise I can't really make. Hopefully though!



Scientopia in Napa with the BMC




Nicholas and Kaelyn at Scientopia


Yom Kippur at Bodega Bay


Lexi LOVED the beach


Labor Day weekend in Aunt Jen's pool


Nicholas and his new bud Merrick


Preschool orientation day
(and no, he's not doing "Christian Education"...the preschool shares space with a church nursery)

1 comment:

Joan Daems said...

Hi Lindsey, We check your blog regularly so know that someone is reading it! We enjoy seeing the little things that go on and the pictures too. I agree it is sometimes hard to be a stay-at-home mom, nothing too exciting tends to happen and lots of repeat work. I am glad I was able to do it though, they grow up quick!

Joan