Jeff celebrated his birthday this past Sunday, August 8th. We started his day by going to breakfast as a family. Then Jeff suggested we take a walk across the Benicia bridge, since Nicholas had been requesting that activity. After our walk, the kids and I gave Daddy some peace and quiet while we went across the bridge to purchase some mussels. Jeff had requested a traditional Belgian meal of mussels and french fries. He insisted on making homemade french fries. I felt bad because he basically cooked his whole birthday meal, but he told me that he enjoyed cooking and that I don't let him cook enough...who am I to argue?
Nicholas and I did get in the kitchen though to make Daddy a birthday cake. Nicholas was adamant that we were not going to purchase a pre-made cake! He wanted to bake it and decorate it himself. My parents joined us for dinner, which also consisted of a yummy caprese salad and large amounts of Belgian beer. Then it was cake and present time, and time to send the wee ones off to bed.
Jeff enjoyed his low key day...a good start to another good year! :)

View from the Vista Point before we crossed the bridge

Lexi liked playing with the tubing on the Vista Point

Nicholas trying to "cheese"

The bike/ped path on the Benicia bridge



Not sure what was so interesting on the ground


Nicholas had a bit of a mishap with the pink sprinkles!

I think he got as much frosting on his face as we did on the cake!

Yes, I DID make my husband homemade mayonnaise for his fries!

Happy Birthday Jeff!

Mmmm...cake!
No comments:
Post a Comment