Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween

Halloween was a very busy day in the Daems household. Nicholas was up early in the morning, so I took him to the grocery store to get a Halloween donut. After everyone was up and fed, we began pumpkin carving. Nicholas was actually able to manipulate a knife this year and he thoroughly enjoyed making pumpkin faces. He helped do his own pumpkin and Lexi's too. Next, we dressed the kids up in their costumes and headed to downtown Benicia. Many of the businesses downtown were handing out Halloween candy. We had decided not to take Lexi trick-or-treating with us in the evening, so we figured this would be a nice family time Halloween experience. After our day time trick-or-treating, Jeff did nap time so I could head down to one of the local parks. Now that I am on the board of the Mom's Club, I needed to help set-up for the Mom's Club Halloween party. Jeff headed to the park after the naps were over and we enjoyed the festivities with some of Nicholas' friends. Finally, after the party, Nana took Lexi home for bed, while Nicholas, Jeff, my dad, and I went trick-or-treating. We walked up towards my aunt and uncle's house and Nicholas got his fill of candy. It was a fun day, but very busy. I'm glad Halloween only comes once a year! ;-)


Halloween donut


Lexi and a silly face pumpkin


Nicholas carves away


Lexi's pumpkin


Now he wants to smile!


Helping Daddy carve


Lexi plays while we carve away


All dressed up to go downtown (Peter Pan and Tinkerbell)


Day time trick-or-treating


Getting ready to go out at night


Peter Pan in action!
VIDEO: Carving pumpkins

No comments: