Lexi continues to be a good girl. She is such a smiley girl. If you look at her long enough she'll give you a big toothless grin...it's very charming. She's started belly laughing, making a "raspberry" sound, and squealing more too. She absolutely hates to lay down on her back, but she can't quite sit up unsupported yet. She can go for a few seconds at a time, but not long enough for me to leave her in the sitting position by herself. If put on her back, she immediately flips to her stomach, and then gets very frustrated because she can't flip the opposite direction. I suppose she'll learn that soon enough.
Lexi was recently sick with strep throat (well, we all were), so she is on antibiotics for that. When we were at the doctor she weighed in at 17lbs. 4 oz. She won't have her vaccinations and official well baby check up for another few weeks, so I don't know her % yet.
Feeding is going well. We're trying to get her used to a bottle now, so usually once a day she'll have a formula feeding. I'm not sure when I'll stop breastfeeding her...she's so good at it and it really brings her a lot of comfort, so I may go a full year in some capacity with the nursing...we'll see. As for solid foods, Lexi's eaten rice and barely cereal, apples, pears, bananas, peaches, prunes, peas, carrots, butternut squash, summer squash, sweet potatoes, and green beans. She really doesn't eat much in the morning, so she's pretty much fed solids at lunch and dinner time. She seems to dig my homemade food (which, I have to admit, tastes a lot better than the Gerber food).
Sleep has been so-so. Lexi was sleeping until 4-5 AM before needing a feeding, but now, with being sick, she's been waking up more frequently. She goes down like a champ at bed time and nap time, but hopefully she'll go back to her routine during the middle of the night very soon.
Here are some shots of my noodle:
A typical Lexi face...so cute!
VIDEO: Lexi on her forearms (with a little bit from Nicholas)
No comments:
Post a Comment