Wednesday, January 23, 2008

One year later

First off, I can't seem to get this darn blog to indent, so excuse the poor formatting. I'm too tired to fiddle with it, so... I'm also a bad blogger, as pointed out by Uncle Yoav...thanks! ;-) So much has gone on in the past month, that it's been hard to catch our breath.
We went to NYC in late December to celebrate Christmas with the Daems family. Nicholas had a great time hanging out with his cousins, Hailey and Matthew, as well as his grandparents, aunt, and uncles. We saw many things but also hung out a lot, which was a nice balance.
Recently Nicholas turned one year old (January 11th). We celebrated his b'day with a birthday party at Nana and Grandpa's. Nicholas was surrounded by great friends and family. He loved his cake, although he was slightly tentative about digging in. With the holidays and his birthday so close together, he has become quite the spoiled little boy! :-)
He also went in for his 1 year doctor's appointment. He's now 28lbs. and 31.5 inches (97th and 95th percentiles, respectively). He's now on milk and eats anything we eat...no more baby food. He's a man on the move and recently has taken a few steps. He gets so excited though, that he falls down after a couple. I'm sure within a few weeks he'll be peeling around the house.
This past year has been a whirlwind. It's hard to believe how much he's grown. When I think back to the colicky newborn and then look at my beautiful toddler, it's almost as if I'm seeing two different people. Nicholas has really changed the way Jeff and I look at life. It's been a challenging year, but we are so thankful to have this little guy in our lives. Every time he smiles, we're reminded to not take things too seriously. Well, enough schmaltz for one blog entry. Here's a few photos from the past month....there are WAY too many to post all of them. To start with I posted a photo of Nicholas from a year ago, just to give you a sense of how much he's changed. Enjoy! :-)
Nicholas at a few weeks old
Nicholas at one year

Enjoying his birthday cake


Our family, one year later!




Bath time is a favorite in the Daems household.





Getting into everything
A crazy, messy man!
Daddy and Nicholas on Christmas Eve

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting up photos!
The bathtub photo reminds me of when Jeffy, Ian and I were living together and one night we were all drunk and Jeffy and Ian were sharing a bathroom at the time and Ian asked for Jeff's company

Oh wait, this shouldn't go on the blog, should it...