Monday, September 2, 2013

Bye Bye Baby Tooth!

 Nicholas hit another big kid milestone on Wednesday with the loss of his first baby tooth.  It had been wiggly for some time and we were ready for it to come out.  He stressed about the whole experience for the last week it remained intact with questions like, "Will it hurt?"  or "What if I swallow it?"  Nicholas learns from experience, not rationalization, so it didn't matter how many times Jeff and I explained that it wasn't a big deal. 

So, after emailing his teacher last Sunday night to warn her about the tooth's looming exit and several days of drama, I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I picked him up from a play date after school and he greeted me with this...


Hallelujah!  My friend, Kacy, told me she asked him if she could give it a wiggle, and when she approached the tooth, it just kind of fell out without even being touched.  She told me she was sure he would freak out (because, like you do with your best friends, you vent to them about all your stresses).  But, she said he was fine.  He was proud of losing the tooth and told me it didn't even hurt, so I'm hoping future wiggly teeth will be met with much less trepidation.

Nicholas also got to keep his tooth because he was very upset that the Tooth Fairy would take away HIS VERY FIRST TOOTH!  So, we wrote her a note before bed and tucked it in with the tooth.  Of course the Tooth Fairy left a lovely note letting Nicholas know he could keep the tooth. 

Now, onto the partner tooth, which is becoming quite wiggly as well.  To be continued....

No comments: