For Lexi's first birthday we threw a Tinkerbell themed party. Nicholas actually picked out Lexi's theme, since Lexi is too little to have a preference. We had about 40 people attend, including Jeff's parents from NYC, as well as Jeff's grandma and aunt from Minnesota. Unfortunately, the weather was a bit on the chilly side, but that didn't stop the preschoolers from taking full advantage of the Tinkerbell bounce house we had in our backyard. Our friend, Nicolene, graciously agreed to make Lexi a Tinkerbell cake, and it turned out awesome. I also tried my hand at being the Benicia Martha Stewart by making Tinkerbell wands out of rice krispie treats. I didn't get too terribly far, but the six wands I made turned out pretty well. Overall the party was a lot of fun and people didn't seem to notice that the weather wasn't as pleasant as we would have hoped.
On Lexi's actual birthday (April 13th), we had planned to go to dinner at Sandoval's. Sandoval's is a family owned Mexican restaurant here in town, and we had gone there the evening of Nicholas' first birthday as well, so it seemed appropriate. We had taken a walk downtown about an hour before dinner and both kids seemed happy. Then, about 10 minutes before dinner, Nicholas started complaining that his ear hurt. By the time we were going to order, he was in full scale pain and couldn't be kept in the restaurant. So, Lexi's first birthday dinner was cut short, as my dad, Nicholas, and I made the trip to urgent care, while Jeff, Lexi, and my mom ate dinner. Not exactly how we had planned it, but I suppose that's how it goes when you're the second child.
Click the link below to see pictures from Lexi's party:
Lexi's First Birthday Party Pictures
No comments:
Post a Comment